They say success means something different to everyone and that there’s no one-size-fits-all definition.
In my early 20s when I had no clue what to do with my life (arguably still don’t), the last thing on my mind was prioritizing financial security. The one thing of utmost importance was discovering myself and exploring the world.
Now in my mid 30s, I’ve realized that while in no way does money define a successful life, “a sound and financial footing is the underpinning of a happy and contented life.”
I believe a successful life involves some kind of combination of the following:
- seeking out and following through on personal and professional opportunities
- getting paid to do work you find fulfilling in some way
- having the courage to live life on your own terms
- self-care, balance, necessary boundary setting
- love and laughter (e.g. with family and friends)
What does success mean to you?